What information we collect:
Personal information held by SNC may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, contact phone numbers, email addresses, bank account details, occupation and the business dealings of clients and suppliers and their dealings with SNC.
In relation to business clients, information held by SNC may include name, current and previous addresses, contact phone numbers, email addresses, bank account details, business dealings of clients and suppliers and their dealings with SNC, and specific business data if a SNC internet backup service is being utilised.
How we collect information:
Information is collected by SNC to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Personal information may be collected directly from you such as through a request for products or services (including submitted online, by email, by mail or by phone), indirectly from you such as through monitoring your usage of products and services (eg the collection of information of your usage of our website including through cookies), or from third parties such as related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives.
Storage of your personal information:
We keep client information on controlled facilities, secure against unauthorised access. Proof of identity is always required before information gets released to any person, including the client.
How we use your personal information:
Your personal information may be used in order to (not exhaustive):
- Verify your identity;
- To allow us to identify our clients via usernames and passwords and to interpret clients’ pre-stored attributes and parameters for using features and functions of the SNC website;
- Assist you to subscribe to our services;
- Provide the products and services you require;
- Administer and manage those products and services including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- Inform you of the ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Market research and development of our products and services;
- Gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
SNC provides products and services via our website. When you visit our site our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our website and monitor its performance.
In some cases cookies may collect and store personal information about you. SNC extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however you can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies or warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access certain parts of our website or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please advise us in writing at [email protected]
SNC may need to share your personal information to organisations outside SNC for example with:
- Suppliers so we can supply the service to you;
- Technicians we engage (including subcontractors) to resolve faults;
- A credit reporting body or credit provider if you fail to make payments due under the terms and conditions; A fraud-checking agency to carry out checks;
- Debt collection agencies and similar parties that assist with debt-recovery;
- Specialist contractors for the purposes of research and development;
- Our professional advisers including our accountants and lawyers;
- Other IT service providers (eg for billing purposes);
- Your authorised representative or contact person in the manner you have agreed to;
- Your legal advisers if requested by you to do so;
- A duly authorised government agency, regulatory authority or other organisation when we are required or specifically permitted by law to do so or to resolve customer complaints or disputes;
- A specified recipient if a Court Order compels us to do so;
- Law enforcement agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled or required to do so;
- Organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation).
SNC takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition we may disclose your personal information to:
1. Excluding the requirements above, we will not disclose any information you give to us to any other entity without your express permission. However, if you engage our services and we discover illegal material on a PC or server, we are obligated to report this illegal material to the relevant authorities (ie possession of child pornography etc).
All information we have pertaining to passwords and log-in details will not be disclosed in any way without your written permission.
Third Party Sites:
Keeping your personal information up to date:
SNC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information relies to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address, by contacting us on 03 9796 5690 or [email protected]
You can access personal information:
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. SNC reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How to contact us:
If you have any queries or questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 03 9796 5690 or email [email protected]
17-18 National Drive
Hallam, VIC, 3803
Monday to Friday
9AM to 5PM
Send Us a Message