October is Cyber Security Awareness Month!
Cyber Security hints for small business. It’s important to note that cybercriminals use scam (phishing) messages that look real to trick you into handing over your business and personal information. These messages can come via email, sms, instant messaging or social media.
There are steps you can take to protect yourself online:
- Think before you click on a link.
- The link itself could contain malicious or nasty software. If you can, hover over the link to see the actual web address it will take you to.
- Never provide your details via a link in a message.
- To visit a website (such as your bank) it’s safest to manually type the web address into your browser or use official apps.
- Contact the person or business to check if they sent the message.
- Make sure you use contact details you find through a legitimate source and not the contact details in the suspicious message.
Here are some example emails that you should be on the lookout for.
Click here to confrim details
Look for dodgy links
Update your details
We have sent you a file
Contact us for more Cyber Security hints for small business